3 Important Grocery Store Tips for Fat Loss
Dominating your trips to the grocery store is essential for fat loss.
It is also an important step in the 3 steps towards improved nutrition I talked about in a previous blog post.
Today I’m going to get right into things and show 3 tips to help you dominate your trip to the grocery store and get you on your way towards losing fat.
- Make a list…and stick to it! Sure, many of us have a list when we shop for groceries. It allows us to pick up the things we need and ensures we don’t forget anything – this is all fine and dandy. Where people go wrong is when they don’t stick to the list. You may have the best intentions with a great list of healthy foods, but if you don’t stick to it you’re in trouble. How can you ensure you stick to your list? Check out tip #2. How can you create a better list? Read this whole post 🙂
- Never go to the grocery store hungry. Like, ever. Don’t do it. Really, don’t. Going to the grocery store hungry is a recipe for disaster if you are trying to stick to the healthy foods on your list. Ideally, you would go to the grocery store after you just ate a meal or a snack of some sort. Packing a protein bar or some almonds in your car for those situations where you haven’t eaten but are going to go grocery shopping will help you as well.
- Stay on the perimeter and don’t linger in the interior. If you haven’t figured this out by now I’ll let you in on a little secret – most of the healthier foods are on the perimeter of the grocery store – stick to those areas. If you need to get something on your list from the interior aisles just enter the aisle, get your item, and get out. Passing through every aisle will only make it more difficult for you to stick to your list.
Following these 3 tips will help you dominate your next grocery store visit.
An important concept to take note of is that your success at the grocery store revolves around your list, but how can you make a better list?
Here are some questions to think about when you are creating your list:
- How much will you exercise this week?
- How many people are you shopping for this week?
- How often will you be dining out or entertaining this week?
- How busy is your work week?
Thinking about questions like these can help you create your list and plan for difficult situations that may come up during the week.
Want to Learn More?
I created a course just for you called “Long Term Fat Loss for Busy People” and it encompasses everything I know about losing body fat and staying fit for life. With the course you’ll learn:
- Why you haven’t got lasting results before and how you can change that
- The most effective exercises to help you stay fit for life
- What good nutrition actually looks like and how to make healthy eating more convenient
- How to develop the right habits to allow you to succeed in the long term
- What to do for exercise and nutrition throughout an entire year with a 52 week exercise and nutrition guide
The course includes a workout program that you’ll be able to customize to your exact needs. To learn more check out the course below: