Are You Insane?
Insanity has been defined by Albert Einstein as this:
Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Using this definition I would say that many of us are insane – or at least have insane behaviors.
We often times repeat the same patterns over and over again and yet expect that somehow things will end up differently from what they have always been.
People love their routine – especially when it comes to the gym. They’ll do the same workout they have been doing for 10 or 15 years. I know you have seen this. I also know that many of those people still haven’t been getting the results they desire.
Some of the questions that arise from this in my mind are these:
- Why aren’t they getting the results they want?
- Are they improving at all?
- Why aren’t they changing things up?
- Do they actually want to get results?
If you have been exercising consistently for a fair amount of time and haven’t been getting the results you have desired I highly suggest you take some time to evaluate why. Ask yourself some of these questions:
- Am I progressing the exercises?
- Am I challenging myself each workout?
- Am I doing the right type of program for my goals?
- Am I taking the proper rest intervals?
- Am I where I need to be with my diet?
These are some questions that can help get you on the right track towards reaching your goals, but I do understand how this can be confusing. There are a lot of details to figure out, but if you need some help contact me. I’d be glad to show you a few things to help ensure you get lasting results from your training!
Good luck to you in 2014 and beyond!