Day 12: 100 Days Without Sweets (Eating fruit to conquer my cravings!)
Day 12 of my 100 days without sweets brought about a few sweets cravings.
Overall things have been going well, but I still have those darn cravings from time to time. Not getting as much sleep as I normally do attributed to the additional cravings on day 12.
In place of eating foods like cookies, candy, and ice cream, I ate fruit – Not quite as tasty, but damn close.
Yes, fruit has sugar in it and could be considered “sweet”.
However, fruit is a much better option than those foods for a few reasons:
- Lower in calories
- Higher in fiber
- High in anti-oxidants
- Contain other vitamins, minerals, and beneficial nutrients
To learn everything you’d ever want to know about fruits as well as vegetables check out this awesome infographic on fruits and veggies from Precision Nutrition. They do a great job explain the different types of fruits and veggies and the benefits of each.
Want to know what I ended up eating on day 12? Take a look below:
- 4:30 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Almonds, Whey Protein Powder, Blueberries, Banana, Cinnamon
- 9:30 a.m. Nature Valley Protein Bar
- 12:45 p.m. 8 oz. Chicken, Broccoli, Almonds, Apple
- 4:00 p.m. Cinnamon Raisin Bagel w/ Peanut Butter, Banana
- 7:30 p.m. 8 oz. Chicken, Broccoli
Want to improve your fitness too?
To get in shape you can try to do it alone or you can get some help to get it done faster. To work with me and get some great results you have three options:
- Enroll In My Online Course: “Long Term Fat Loss for Busy People”
- Sign Up For Online Coaching (My client, Jerry, lost 70 pounds through online coaching)
- Work With Me In Person – If you’re in the Las Vegas area, unless you want to fly me somewhere else As a bonus, you get to see this smiling face:
Working with me, you’ll have a detailed plan of exactly what you need to do to get in great shape in the most time efficient manner possible. You’ll be able to use the same strategies and insights that other clients of mine have used to achieve great results. Best of all? No more guessing. You’ll know exactly what you need to do and have an experienced coach by your side the entire time.