Day 25: 100 Days Without Sweets (The focus after one quarter)
The first quarter of my 100 days without sweets is complete!
These first 25 days haven’t exactly been a walk in the park, but I’ve been able to completely avoid all cookies, brownies, and ice cream – ahh success!
Though I still have a long ways to go, the progress I’ve made thus far has been good. Still, there are different areas of my nutrition I need to work on.
Things to focus on:
- Food quantity (Eating too much one day per week isn’t necessarily bad, but multiple days per week is a problem – I can definitely improve in this area.)
- Limiting cereal intake (The cereals I eat contain a lot of sugar and this is a slippery slope without have my typical sweets. Moving forward I’m going to focus on limiting my intake of cereal which will also help control the amount of food I consume)
- Better choices at dinner (Of all my meals dinner happens to be the unhealthiest. Though I’ve been doing alright in this department I know it is a weakness that I can work on.)
The next few weeks I’ll be working to improve in these different areas. I’m confident that I’ll be able to improve dramatically in the next few weeks by focusing on one area at a time and building on each success going forward.
To see how the 25th day of my challenge went take a look below:
- 6:45 a.m. 3 Eggs, 1 Cup Oats, Almonds, Whey Protein Powder, Banana
- 11:15 a.m. 40 Grams Whey Protein, 2 oz. Almonds
- 2:15 p.m. Turkey Club Sandwich (At Colectivo), Orange Slices
- 6:00 p.m. 2 Grilled Chicken Sandwiches, Apple
Have you started your own challenge yet?
I’d highly encourage you to start your own challenge for whatever you struggle with – it’s a great way to start better habits.