Day 31-35: 100 Days Without Sweets (Avoiding 4th of July Temptations)
Imagine an entire table full of desserts – Cookies, brownies, pie, and so many other goodies.
This is what I faced on the 4th of July.
Every year I go to my friend’s house to celebrate the 4th and they always have A TON of amazing food there.
This year was no different.
Typically I’ll go there, eat a couple plates full of food (Especially these AMAZING wings my friend’s dad makes), and then attack the desserts not long after.
I did my usual this year and ate a couple plates full of food, but could only be a spectator for the rest – man oh man was that difficult.
Sure, I glanced at the desserts – Actually, it was more of a stare as I salivated and questioned why the heck I would go without sweets for 100 days during summer – but I had to resist the urge.
The most difficult part was having to be so close to them for four hours, knowing that these delicious treats were only a few feet away, sitting there, waiting for me, mocking me, calling out to me.
Though I still ended up eating mass quantities of food, I know I would have had even more had I been able to eat any desserts.
At an outing like this I’ll normally have a few desserts, wait a couple minutes, have a few more desserts, and continue this cycle. The only things that really stops me from eating more are there not being any left or me having to leave – not the greatest of habits in the long run.
I managed to get over another hurdle in this 100 day challenge and I have to be happy about that.
In the past few days, this is what I have been eating:
- (Waited too long to write an update, so I completely forgot what I had on this day. Oh well, life goes on)
- 8:00 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Almonds, Cinnamon, Banana
- 11:30 a.m. 3 Eggs, Cheese, Onions, Canadian Bacon
- 3:00 p.m. Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Cashews
- 6:00 p.m. Sour Cream and Chive Fries
- 8:45 p.m. Cheeseburger, Tator Tots
- 8:15 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Almonds, Cinnamon, Banana
- 12:15 a.m. Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Avocado, Carrots
- 3:45 p.m. Whey Protein Shake
- 6:00 p.m. Mcdonald’s Bacon Clubhouse Sandwich, Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, Cereal
Day 34 (July 4th)
- 12:15 – 1:15 p.m. Chicken Wings, Shrimp Salad, Pasta Salad, Hot Dog
- 4:00 p.m. Chicken Wings, Hot Dog, Blueberries
- 7:30 p.m. Cashews, Banana
- 8:00 a.m. 4 Eggs, Onions, Cheddar Cheese, Canadian Bacon, Spinach
- 12:45 p.m. Cheeseburger, Pork Sandwich, Potato Salad
- 7:15 p.m. 2 Cheeseburgers, Potato Salad
This was a weird few days with my friends being in town, Summerfest, and the 4th of July, but next week I should be back to my normal routine and I’m excited for this.
As always, I’ll continue to work on improving my eating habits, though this has proved to be difficult lately.
The great thing is that each day is a clean slate and a new opportunity to improve. I’ve done well so far today and I expect to keep it going.