Day 37-38: 100 Days Without Sweets (Food Type and Food Quantity)
My morning routine has stayed consistent the past two days – gratitude, exercise, and breakfast to start out each day. With this routine I’ve been better with my food choices, have noticeably higher energy levels, and feel great.
I’m not sure how long I’ll continue with this same morning schedule, but for now I’m enjoying it.
Looking at my nutrition the past couple of days, here’s how it turned out:
- 6:30 a.m. 3 Eggs, Ham, Broccoli
- 12:15 p.m. 1 Cheeseburger, Potato Salad, Banana, Sugar Snap Peas
- 6:00 p.m. Ham, Sugar Snap Peas
- 6:30 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Almonds, Whey Protein, Blueberries, 2 Eggs
- 11:15 a.m. 1 Granola Bar
- 12:45 p.m. Protein Shake (Whey protein, peanut butter, apricots), Mixed nuts
- 2:15 p.m. Ham, Sugar Snap Peas, Banana
- 4:00 p.m. Banana, Cashews
- 8:00 p.m. Italian Sausage, Beef Sandwich, Fries (At the Brewer game!)
During this 100 day challenge, sweets, once my biggest nutritional weakness, have become something I’m confident I can manage.
However, I’ll admit, food quantity has continued to be a struggle.
I have had more success when I eat slower, become more aware of my food, and focus on putting less on my plate, but I still have days where I’ll pig out (Hey, I’m only human).
What this challenge has made me think about most is how interconnected everything we do is. Food choice matters greatly, but so does food amount. Disregarding either one can make achieving your fitness goals much more difficult.
Sure, I understood this concept before deciding to go without sweets for 100 days, but now I fully grasp this idea – everything plays a part.
What do you struggle with more, food choice, or food quantity?