Day 40 – 44: 100 Days Without Sweets (Finding More Consistency)
The last 5 days have been going well.
My eating has become much more consistent.
However, the toughest situations for me to eat healthy are still dinnertime and weekends. Most of my clients have similar issues and I find that this is because we don’t realize how often we rationalize our unhealthy eating habits.
We eat well for breakfast and lunch and think we deserve a treat so we eat whatever we crave at dinner – the weekends are the same.
We’ll have a good week of eating and then go crazy on the weekends.
Now, I’m all for enjoying life to the fullest and indulging at times, but this can easily go too far.
Since eliminating sweets with my 100 day challenge I’ve become much more aware of other foods I’ve been eating. I’ve had to, because it would be easy for me to simply over-indulge on other foods in place of sweets. At times during this challenge that has been a problem. However, I’ve continued to work on improving.
Here’s what the last 5 days looked like for me:
- 4:45 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Almonds, Whey Protein, Blueberries
- 7:30 a.m. 50 Grams Whey Protein
- 12:15 p.m. 3 Eggs, Ham, Havarti Cheese, Broccoli
- 3:00 p.m. Cashews
- 7:30 p.m. 3 Eggs, Ham, Carrots, Broccoli, Peach
- 7:15 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Almonds, Whey Protein, Blueberries, 2 Eggs
- 12:15 p.m. Turkey Club Sandwich, Orange Slices
- 4:30 p.m. 2 Cod Fillets, Broccoli, Cashews
- 6:30 a.m. 2 Eggs, Ham, Cashews, Spinach
- 10:30 a.m. Cashews, Banana
- 1:30 p.m. 2 Chicken Sausages, Black Beans, Spinach
- 5:30 p.m. Burger and Fries (From Garage on Brady Street)
- 9:00 a.m. 6 oz. Ham, 2 oz. Almonds
- 3:15 p.m. 8 oz. Salmon, Wild Rice, Banana
- 6:30 p.m. KFC Chicken, Biscuits, Mac and Cheese, Potatos, Cole Slaw
- 7:00 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Almonds, Whey Protein, Blueberries, 2 Eggs
- 12:45 p.m. 5 oz Salmon, 2 Pieces of Chicken, Peach
- 5:00 p.m. 4 oz. Ham, 3 Eggs, Havarti Cheese, Broccoli, Cashews
Not too shabby overall. Obviously it isn’t a perfect diet, but at the same time I don’t think a perfect diet exists.
I’ve been feeling good, have plenty of energy and I really don’t feel like I’m depriving myself at all.
The half way point isn’t too far away and I’m excited to keep it going! 44 days in already, my oh my how the flies!