Day 45 – 50: 100 Days Without Sweets (Halfway Done!)
I’m halfway done with my 100 days without sweets challenge and it feels great!
The last 6 days of the challenge have had their ups and downs, but I continue to make improvements.
Here’s how the last 6 days turned out:
- 5:30 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Almonds, Blueberries, 2 Eggs
- 12:00 p.m. 2 Chicken Sausages, Broccoli, 2 PB & J Sandwiches, Banana
- 4:00 p.m. Cashews
- 7:45 p.m. Soup, 3 Bowls of Cereal, 2 Biscuits
- 6:30 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Almonds, Blueberries, 2 Eggs
- 2:00 p.m. Pasta, 3 PB & J Sandwiches, Banana, Bowl of Cereal
- 5:00 p.m. Banana
- 6:30 p.m. Lasagna, Bread, Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 8:45 a.m. 4 Eggs, Ham
- 12:30 p.m. 2 Chicken Sausages, 1 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Almonds, Blueberries
- 4:15 p.m. Protein Shake, Banana
- 8:15 p.m. 5 oz. Tuna
- 7:15 a.m. 3 Eggs, Ham, Broccoli
- 12:15 p.m. 8 oz. Chicken, Broccoli, Brown Rice, Mango
- 7:00 p.m. 8 oz. Chicken, Almonds, Peach
- 7:15 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Almonds, Blueberries
- 10:30 a.m. 2 Chicken Sausages, Almonds, Pear
- 3:00 p.m. Turkey Club Sandwich, Orange Slices
- 7:30 p.m. Turkey, Cauliflower, Brown Rice
- 3:00 a.m. Jimmy John’s Turkey Club Sandwich, 1 Piece Pizza
- 10:15 a.m. 2 Eggs, Ham, Broccoli
- 1:00 p.m. Hot Dog, Italian Sausage, Potato Salad, Baked Beans
- 5:15 p.m. Cottage Cheese, Almonds, Cauliflower
Food quantity continues to be an issue throughout this challenge and I still don’t feel like I have a strong grasp on this yet. Though I’m better off than I was 7 weeks ago this area of my nutrition still needs some work.
Two foods that continue to be the culprit of my overeating are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cereal.
When I crave sweets I’ll typically have fruit, but in the last few weeks I’ve also added the PB & J sandwiches and cereal.
Now, a normal amount of both wouldn’t be that bad, but when I eat these I tend to have 2-3 sandwiches and a few bowls of cereal as well – not the best for controlling the amount of food I’m eating. This is something I’ll need to work on in the second half of this challenge.
The Next 50 Days
A big change that will be taking place in the second half of this 100 days without sweets challenge is the amount of exercise I’ll be doing.
With a strained back my ability to do much for exercise the past 7 weeks has been hindered. However, it’s been recovering nicely and is finally starting to feel better. This next 50 days I’ll be stepping up my game and exercising more.
I’m confident I’ll be able to finish the next 50 days without eating any sweets, but even more of a challenge will be controlling my food quantity. This has been a struggle the past few weeks, but I’m looking forward to the challenge.
50 days down, 50 more to go!