Day 59 – 73: 100 Days Without Sweets (State Fair and Nashville)
Oh the temptations of the last couple of weeks!
The two biggest hurdles of the last two weeks have been the Wisconsin State Fair and my recent road trip down to Nashville, Tennessee.
At the State Fair they have all things sweet – Cream Puffs, Deep Fried Candy Bars, Chocolate, Ice Cream Sundaes and so much more.
Heading into my 100 days without sweets challenge I knew this was going to be a difficult time.
Every year I go to the Sate Fair I’ll have an ice cream Sundae. They’re cheap and taste AMAZING! I mean come on, who doesn’t like ice cream?
This year, no ice cream for me.
Not only that, but I had to walk past endless places like this along the way:
Deep fried S’mores on a stick, deep fried candy bars and deep fried Twinkies are common place at the fair. These are foods I might try on a normal year at the fair, but again, not this time. The ice cream I’m a little more sad about, but it would have been fun to at least try some of these crazy creations.
Nashville was easier to manage than the fair, but it still came with it’s temptations. Specifically, the candy shop in the picture at the beginning of this post.
I’m not sure if I’ve seen that much candy before in my life. There is literally a wall of candy, quite incredible if you ask me.
I skipped the sweets again in Nashville, but I did have food like this:
Was this the healthiest meal? Nope.
Did I care one bit? Nope.
I”m a firm believer in experiencing great food when you have the opportunity. After all, shouldn’t you enjoy life?
I don’t suggest having this type of meal every day, but by all means you should treat yourself! You can only have so much chicken and broccoli 🙂
To see all the food I ate the last bunch of days look below:
- 4:30 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Almonds, Blueberries, 2 Eggs
- 7:45 a.m. Protein Shake
- 11:45 a.m. Turkey, Sugar Snap Peas, Stuffing
- 1:30 p.m. Banana, Nut Clusters (Almonds, Pecans, Cashews)
- 7:45 p.m. Turkey, Sugar Snap Peas, Brown Rice
- 4:30 a.m. 1/2 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Almonds, Blueberries
- 7:15 a.m. Banana, Cashews
- 9:00 a.m. Cashews
- 12:15 p.m. Turkey Club Sandwich, Orange Slices
- 7:00 p.m. 2 Chicken Sausages, Broccoli
- 3:30 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Almonds, Blueberries, 2 Eggs
- 10:45 a.m. Chicken, Broccoli, Cashews, Apple
- 2:30 p.m. Turkey Club Sandwich, Orange Slices
- 5:45 p.m. Almond Butter
- 4:30 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Almonds, Blueberries
- 6:45 a.m. Protein Shake, Apple
- 11:45 a.m. Chicken, Black Beans, Nut Clusters
- 2:00 p.m. Honey Nut Cheerios
- 7:00 p.m. Chicken Quesadilla
- 4:45 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Almonds, Blueberries
- 9:45 a.m. 4 Eggs, Ham, Bacon Bits, Cheese, Onions, Broccoli
- 12:30 p.m. Popcorn (Too much!)
- 5:30 p.m. Nut Clusters, Chicken, Broccoli, Apple
- 8:30 p.m. Nut Clusters, Peanut Butter
- 5:30 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Almonds, Blueberries
- 10:00 a.m. Cashews
- 2:45 p.m. Chicken, Broccoli, Apple
- 5:45 p.m. Cheerios, 2 Peanut Butter Roll Ups
- 8:30 p.m. Nut Clusters (Too many, but they are so damn good!)
- 6:00 a.m. 4 Eggs, Broccoli
- 11:15 a.m. Protein Shake, Granola Bar, Apple
- 4:15 p.m. Chicken, Broccoli, Cashews, Tuna (Bring on the PROTEIN!)
- 8:00 p.m. 2 Chicken Sausages, Broccoli, Peanut Butter
- 4:30 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Cashews
- 10:15 a.m. Cliff Bar, Turkey Wrap
- 1:15 p.m. 1 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Cashews
- 7:00 p.m. Italian Sausage, French Fries
- 11:00 p.m. Peanut Butter Roll Up
- 6:00 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Cashews
- 12:15 p.m. 2 Sandwiches w/ Summer Sausage, Yogurt, Peanut Butter, Cashews
- 4:00 p.m. Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- 6:00 p.m. McChicken
- 9:00 p.m. Pork Sandwich (At State Fair)
Day 68 (Drove to Nashville)
- 6:00 a.m. 1 Cup Oats, Whey Protein, Cashews
- 1:15 p.m. 4 Eggs, Toast, Cashews
- 5:15 p.m. Subway BBQ Chicken Sub
- 8:15 p.m. Taco Bell Chicken Quesadilla
- 11:45 p.m. Jet’s Pizza (In Nashville!)
- 10:30 a.m. Eggs, French Toast, Bacon, Biscuits w/ Gravy, Fruit, Breakfast Potatoes
- 5:30 p.m. Bacon Cheeseburger, Fries, Coleslaw
- 9:00 p.m. and on…liquid courage 😉
Day 70 (Last night in Nashville)
- 2:30 p.m. Beef Briscuit, Ribs, Pork, Mac and Cheese, Baked Beans, Bread
- 10:45 p.m. Turkey Club Wrap
- 11:00 p.m. and on…more liquid courage (Nashville was too good to me)
- 12:45 p.m. 5 White Castle Sliders, Fries
- 7:30 p.m. Panda Express Orange Chicken, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Rice
- 7:00 a.m. 5 Eggs, Cheese, Broccoli
- 11:15 a.m. Chicken, Cashews, Banana, Mac and Cheese
- 4:30 p.m. Life Cereal, Cinnamon Toast Crunch (My weakness and sketchiest food, but not a dessert…thank God), Almond Butter
- 8:00 p.m. Turkey, Sweet Potato, Sugar Snap Peas
- 6:00 a.m. Banana, Cashews
- 8:45 a.m. Turkey, Broccoli, Cashews
- 12:15 p.m. Quest Bar
- 2:15 p.m. Qdoba Chicken Burrito
- 6:30 p.m. Turkey, Sweet Potato, Sugar Snap Peas