Day 9: 100 Days Without Sweets (The importance of food prep)
Yesterday I made it through another day of my 100 days without sweets challenge and I’m feeling great!
Here is how my eating on day 9 wrapped up:
- 6:45 a.m. 3 Eggs, 4 Slices Deli Ham, 1 Avocado, Spinach
- 12:45 p.m. 7 oz. Cod, 1 Bag Cauliflower/Broccoli Mix, 2 oz. Almonds
- 3:00 p.m. Apple, Cottage Cheese, 1 oz. Almonds
- 6:00 p.m. Protein Drink (2 scoops of whey protein)
- 9:45 p.m. Greek Yogurt, Peanut Butter
This was the most random day of eating for me thus far and I can contribute that to my lack of preparation.
I’ll admit, I was lazy and didn’t buy any chicken for the week because of it.
To be consistent with your eating, week in and week out, it helps tremendously to prepare food ahead of time. This ensures that you’ll have healthy options available right away, especially important for when you don’t have much time.
Typically, I do my food prep on Sundays – I have more free time on this day and it works well for me, but you can choose any day you want.
I make sure there are plenty of healthy foods in the house and I prepare some lean protein for the week (Normally chicken or fish).
When I do this my nutrition is much better. Try doing this every week if you are struggling with your nutrition, I’ll bet it helps.
Want to see what happened on days 1-8?
- Day 1: 100 Days Without Sweets
- Day 2: 100 Days Without Sweets
- Day 3: 100 Days Without Sweets (And the biggest temptation thus far)
- Day 4: 100 Days Without Sweets (But plenty of chicken and broccoli)
- Day 5: 100 Days Without Sweets (And the first weekend)
- Day 6: 100 Days Without Sweets (My first restaurant experience of the challenge)
- Day 7: 100 Days Without Sweets (Getting past the Subway cookies)
- Day 8: 100 Days Without Sweets (The first full weekend complete)