Getting past the afternoon energy slump…WITHOUT coffee
It’s 2 in the afternoon and your energy has crashed. You can’t get coffee and, to be honest, coffee isn’t a permanent solution anyways – it’s merely a crutch. What do you do?
Here’s how you can boost your energy, feel better, and get past the afternoon slump…without coffee:
- Take a 20 minute nap. I get it, this isn’t always possible, but short naps have been proven to help boost energy. Some ninja tactics for sneaking in a nap are to take a nap in your car, an unused room in your building, or if you can only nap at your desk, try out the Ostrich Pillow, one of the coolest inventions I’ve seen.
- Meditate or just relax using an app like Calm. Meditation is another one of those things that has been proven to boost your energy and using Calm can help you form a consistent practice. I just started using it recently and have already noticed a difference.
- Drink more water. Dehydration will make you tired and if you haven’t been drinking water all morning you’re much more likely to experience a dive in energy by the afternoon.
- Get moving. Go for a 15 minute walk, try a bodyweight workout or head to the gym. You don’t have to go till exhaustion (That would kind of defeat the purpose, eh?), but getting up and getting moving will help give you an energy boost in the afternoon.
- Talk with people who boost your energy. Try getting up and talking with a co-worker for a few minutes. A little face to face human interaction can be exactly what you need. Personally, I get energized by my clients. Even on days when I’m really tired my energy bounces back quickly during a session.
Of course, all these things can help you get past the afternoon lull, but you still can’t forget the basics – getting enough sleep, exercising consistently, and eating well. These will consistently allow you to feel better, not only in the afternoon, but the entire day.
For more workout options, one of the best ways to boost your energy, head on over to the workouts section of Just Go Fitness:
Oh, and don’t forget to check out Just Go Fitness and the ole’ social media and YouTube 🙂