Read, Watch and Listen – Fifth Edition
The fifth edition of Read, Watch and Listen has arrived and, go figure, this week’s edition has plenty of great things for you to take a look at. Oh and did you see last week’s edition?
You can see more useful things I share by going to the Just Go Fitness Facebook Page and following me on that Twitter thang (@JustGoFitness). Heck, I’m on the Gram de Insta too (@JustinGordon8). Enjoy, share with your friends and let me know what you think of this edition or if you have any other suggestions. Just Go!
- Why Exercise is the Least Important Part of the Equation (And a Camp Nerd Fitness Update!) by Steve Kamb. You can’t out-train a bad diet. Fitness professionals have been preaching this for years, but it still gets neglected. Check out Steve’s article to learn more on why exercise isn’t the most important thing when trying to improve your fitness.
- Diet Plans: Considerations for Muscle Gain, Fat Loss and Stubborn Body Types by Adam Bornstein. How does your diet change based on your goal? Adam brings the proper perspective and expertise to answer that question.
- How Many Calories Should A Woman Eat for Fat Loss? by Mike Vacanti. Damn. Every woman needs to read this…like yesterday. Amazing article and a must-read for any woman (Or trainer).
- 6 Things the World’s Most Successful ‘Diets’ Have in Common by Kris Gunnars. When it comes down to it, “diets” are all trying to get you to do the same things – Kris outlines the main ones in this post.
Off-Topic Stuff (Because, like…Why not?)
- The Anti-Bucket List. Have you ever created a bucket list? You may want to read this article first before you chase after all your items.
- The One-Paragraph Start-Up Plan. Ever thought about starting a company? I definitely have some ideas floating around and found this great article to help anyone get started in planning out their idea.
- How to Launch a Start-Up Without Writing Code. Can you tell what I’ve been working on recently? 🙂 Great article for non-techy people like me who want to start companies.
- To Write a Great Story, Start With a Real Struggle. The struggle is worth it, find out why.
Books I’m Currently Reading
- The Happiness of Pursuit: Finding the Quest That Will Bring Purpose to Your Life. I’ve been reading this book each night before bed and have built a strong desire to go on my own quest. What will your quest be?
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future. Just finished this book in the last week and it was AWESOME! Plenty of valuable tips on creating a company and changing the world – An important read for anyone trying to do just that.
- The Promise of a Pencil: How an Ordinary Person Can Create Extraordinary Change. Finished this book a couple of weeks ago but I still find myself going back to it, looking at passages I highlighted and being inspired by the message.
- MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom. I’ve recommended this book to a few people in the last couple of weeks even though I haven’t finished it yet – It’s just that good.
- Optimizing Investing, Blood, Hormones, and Life. The latest and greatest from Tim Ferriss.
- AJ Hawk on Family, Hard Work and the Heart of a Champion. An interview on The School of Greatness Podcast that I’ll be listening to soon.