Read, Watch and Listen – First Edition
Oh hey there and welcome to the first edition of Read, Watch and Listen – the Just Go Fitness weekly roundup of, you guessed it, things you should read, watch and listen to.
There are some fitnessy thangs, inspirational thangs, funny thangs, business thangs and other gems I’ve found the last week – Not only to help you with that sexy bod, but that sexy brain.
You can check out more stuff I share by going to the Just Go Fitness Facebook Page and following me on Twitter (@JustGoFitness). Enjoy, share with your friends and let me know what you think of the first edition. Seriously, let me know what you think. I debating even doing this, but thought it would be helpful and I’d appreciate some feedback in the comments below or on one of those social media sites 🙂 Just Go!
- How to Organize Your Training for Optimal Muscle Building. Eric Bach has been writing everywhere recently and this article should help many a bro and broette with building muscle.
- Captain America Teaches Us Why Old School is the Best School. Steve Kamb drops the hammer down on this one, speaking the truth on training.
Fitnessy Thangs (For Trainers)
- 8 Tips to Improve Your Fitness Training Program for Women. I train lots of women. There are special considerations for women. This article by Elsbeth Vaino touches on important specifics for this type of client.
- The Positivity Trap: How Upbeat Coaches Can Kill Client Results. A different spin you may not have thought of before, worth a read no doubt.
- Billy Ulmer’s Quest to Visit 10 Tiny Houses Across America. I love tiny houses, have you heard of them? Learn more about the people who live in them with this article.
Books I’m Currently Reading
- On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction. I write a little, have you seen? This book has sold over a million copies and so far has been very helpful. If you’re at all interested in writing, this is your book.
- MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom. Tony Robbins, self-help guru, best-selling author and all around kick-ass guy interviewed the top financial minds on the planet and shared their best advice. I’m about 150 pages in of the 600+ page book and can already see why it has received such high praise.
- Save the Bros. Hilarious, just hilarious. You have to watch it.
- #AskGaryVee Episode 73. Gary Vaynerchuk, social media and marketing genius, shares more insights on how to run a more effective business. I’ve watched every episode so far and any other business owners should too.
- How to Change the World & Live Your Purpose w/ Adam Braun. Do you know who Adam Braun is? Well, his organization, Pencils of Promise, has helped build more than 200 schools for children around the world and recently added a monthly donation program to help even more children.
- How to Think Like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos. In this episode of The Tim Ferriss Show, one of the top business podcasts on iTunes, Tim interviews Peter Diamandis and uncovers some great insights into thinking BIG. I’m back listening to podcasts again and this was an excellent episode.