Read, Watch and Listen – Second Edition
We made it to the second edition of Read, Watch and Listen and this week I have some great stuff for you. If you haven’t seen last week’s edition, shame on you! You missed some goodies.
You can check out more useful things I share by going to the Just Go Fitness Facebook Page and following me on that Twitter thang (@JustGoFitness). Heck, I’m on the Gram de Insta too (@JustinGordon8). Enjoy, share with your friends and let me know what you think of this edition or if you have any other suggestions. Just Go!
- Do You Need to “Feel the Burn” After Each Workout? What do you think? Jonathan Goodman provides some great insights and you should read this. Like, now.
- Are We “Destined to Be Fat?” Whoa. In-depth and quite the read, but well worth it.
- The Biggest Mistake I Made Building Muscle. Looking to build muscle? Bryan Kahn knows a thing or two about the process (He’s buff, so he has to, right?) and he speaks the truth you need to hear in this article.
- Squat the Fat Off. Squats as workout finishers? Only if you dare! Oh and bee tee dubs – don’t use them every time! Read more about them and all their benefits.
Off-Topic Stuff (I admit, there is a world outside of lifting things up and putting them down)
- Why I Walked Away From the NBA. This article (With a video as well) details why Larry Sanders, a former Milwaukee Bucks player, left the NBA – at only 26 years old. Why did he do it? Find out for yourself.
- 10 Specific Strategies to Make Your ‘Most Popular Posts’ Work Even Harder For You. I had to throw an article out there for any fellow bloggers. Pat Flynn, a man of many talents, knows plenty about blogging and this is just one example of a great post to help people do it better.
Books I’m Currently Reading
- On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction. I’m still chugging along with this book (Doing more creating than consuming recently), but it will still on the list for a little time more.
- MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom. As I’ve continued to read this book by Tony Robbins I continue to be amazed by how little I know about finances. You think you know something and then you learn from the best around and feel like a kid – which I kind of am so that’s okay. Read this one. Learn stuff. Easy.
- Scott Harrison & Marie Forleo: How Water Changes Everything. Scott is the founder of Charity: Water and an amazing human being. Check out his story and how he is changing the world with water.
- Richard Branson Necker Island Interview. Richard Branson, founder of the Virgin brand is an incredible entrepreneur and if you’re at all interested in entrepreneurship he’s a guy to know about. I watched this video a while back, but just recently came back to it and was reminded of a few important things.
- Pavel Tsatsouline on the Science of Strength and the Art of Physical Performance. This was a great podcast episode for anyone who exercises (It should be all of you!). Pavel is a workout genius and is basically the guy responsible for bringing kettlebell training to the United States. Yea, he knows some stuff – Listen and learn.