Read, Watch and Listen – Third Edition
The third edition of Read, Watch and Listen is here and this week’s edition, just like last week’s edition, is packed with quality stuff!
You can check out more useful things I share by going to the Just Go Fitness Facebook Page and following me on that Twitter thang (@JustGoFitness). Heck, I’m on the Gram de Insta too (@JustinGordon8). Enjoy, share with your friends and let me know what you think of this edition or if you have any other suggestions. Just Go!
- Simplify Your Deadlift by Adam Pine. I’m all for simplifying things in your life, so why not simplify your deadlift too?
- Squat Jumps to Maximize Athletic Power by Eric Bach. If you’re an athlete or just want to dunk on people at the gym, this article is for you. Really, it can benefit most types of athletes. A great read.
- Adding Muscle At Any Age: Defying Genetics and Designing A Muscle Building Workout by Adam Bornstein. One of the best articles I’ve read on building muscle in quite some time.
- Liars & Scammers & Douchebags, Oh My! by Bryan Krahn (Part 2 Here). How do you find a legit fitness professional? Bryan will tell you.
Off-Topic Stuff (I admit, there is a world outside of lifting things up and putting them down)
- Adam Braun: How he Started Pencils of Promise. If you haven’t figured it out already, I’ve become very interested in this organization recently (Here’s a link to my donation page if you’d like to donate – I’ve raised $150 so far) and the story of Pencils of Promise is a big reason why.
- How to Hit #1 on Amazon’s Bestseller List. Curious? Yea you are.
Books I’m Currently Reading
- The Promise of a Pencil: How an Ordinary Person Can Create Extraordinary Change. I started reading this book this week and it has been extraordinary! I can’t say enough how much I love this organization.
- On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction. Yup, still going on this one.
- MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom. Recently, haven’t had as much time for reading this book, but I’m still moving along with it slowly.
- How to Prioritize: One Tip that Does it All. Marie Forleo drops straight knowledge in this quick video and it an help you do the things that are important.
- My Top 5 Productivity Tools. Pat Flynn, the man that seems to know EVERYTHING about running a business online shared his top tools for getting shit done, take a look!
- The Most Important Word Ever. Absolutely love this video by Gary Vaynerchuk, so much so that I watch it every week 🙂
- Top 10 Entrepreneur on Fire Interviews. Whoa, the best interviews from some of the top entrepreneurs on the planet? Yes, please.
- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of CrossFit. Everything you’ll need to know about CrossFit. Well worth the listen.