On this page you’ll find plenty of resources to help you get in fantastic shape, but you’ll also get much, much more than that.
Do I want to help you get in the best shape of your life? Yes, but I also want to help improve your mindset, develop better habits, and ultimately live a life you are proud of. Check out all of the great resources this page has to offer. Enjoy!
Resources from my Website
To start, here are some of the top resources from this website.
- Free Fat Loss eBook This is my free 10-page guide written to help simply the entire fat loss process. It is easy to get confused with all of the information available on the web, use this eBook to help you lose fat and simplify it all.
- Free Workouts I’ve provided a couple of free workouts that can be completed at home. Beginners especially, this is a great page for you to check out.
- Popular Posts Some of the best posts from this entire site. Check out popular posts on a variety of different topics.
Websites to Check Out
There are plenty of other great websites out there that can help you improve your life. The following websites are ones I currently frequent.
- Precision Nutrition This is in my opinion the best nutrition website out there. The precision nutrition team consistently puts out quality articles that can help take your nutrition to the next level.
- Greatist Where do I begin? They seem to have it all on there. Check it out and get lost for hours.
- T-Nation Plenty of great strength training articles are on this website from a variety of the top strength and condition coaches.
- Eric Cressey Eric Cressey is one of the smartest strength coaches on the planet and he is always writing more and more. Athletes especially should check out his site as he works with high level athletes daily.
When I’m driving anywhere I listen to podcasts. They vary from fitness and health to business and personal development. I’ve listened to plenty different podcasts, here are some of the best to help you live an awesome life.
- The School of Greatness. Want to get inspired to great things in your life? This podcast is filled with interviews of people doing amazing things and it’s a great way to get your day started.
- Fit Pro Podcast. All things fitness from some of the top fitness professionals on the planet. This podcast by Scott Rawcliffe is the bees knees.
- The Tim Ferriss Show. This podcast is one of my favorites. Tim interviews a wide variety of guests, but they are all extremely interesting and you can learn a lot.
- Smart Passive Income. You need money in life – plain and simple. This is a top notch podcast on creating passive income. Yes, it’s not fitness, but if you have your finances in check you’ll have less stress which I’d definitely categorize as a good thing. This podcast is fantastic and you should definitely check it out.
Workout equipment, cooking supplies, and everything you’ll need to better your life.
- TRX Suspension Trainer. This is a great piece of equipment that you can take with you wherever you go. Using your body weight as resistance the TRX can help you get an effective total body workout wherever you are.
- Adjustable Dumbbells. If you are looking to buy equipment to use at home, then adjustable dumbbells are the way to go. This particular set is one that a client of mine bought and we’ve had a great deal of success with. The ability to easily adjust the weights is great and because they don’t take up much room you can easily store them.
- Superbands. These are a great piece of equipment to use at home or on the road. They are easy to carry and you can do tons of different exercises with them.
- JC All-Purpose Exercise Bands. These bands are also good for workouts at home or on the road. They have a few different levels of resistance to choose from which means you can add resistance the stronger and stronger you get.
- OXO Good Grips 5-Pound Food Scale with Pull-Out Display, Black. This is the food scale that I have and I really love it. It makes weighing food super easy. I use it to weight nuts, meat, or other items to help control the amount of food I eat.
I’ve learned a tremendous amount from reading a variety of books. These books are all outstanding and will help you not only get in better shape, but develop better habits to allow you to live an awesome life.
- Man 2.0 Engineering the Alpha: A Real World Guide to an Unreal Life: Build More Muscle. Burn More Fat. Have More Sex. This is a really insightful book for men. The authors go really in depth about hormones and how optimizing certain hormones will allow you to build muscle and burn fat. Their approach to nutrition, particularly talking about intermittent fasting, is very intriguing and I’ve utilized a few different tactics from this book with my own clients.
- Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think. This is a book everyone should read. It will blow you mind with the countless studies it details on how we eat too much without even thinking about it.
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard. If you want to learn about habit change this is the book for you. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and read it in only a few days because of how good it was. To learn how to change any habit of yours, big or small, you have to read this book.
- The IMPACT! Body Plan: Build New Muscle, Flatten Your Belly & Get Your Mind Right!. Get your mind right! Todd Durkin, the author of this books, is the man – plain and simple. That’s exactly why I chose to do a fitness internship at his gym in San Diego. His book is also stellar and I can guarantee that you’ll learn a thing or two about training from him.
Don’t Miss My Best-Selling Course!
- Getting Fit Outdoors – Burn Calories, Better Your Environment
- 6 Ways to Keep Your Lower Back Healthy
- The Ultimate Guide to Healthy Fast Food: The Best and Worst from 10 of the Most Popular Restaurants
- How to Measure Body Fat, Track Your Progress, and Know if Your Program is Working
- Eating for Weight Loss (A Comprehensive Guide)