How to Stay Fit for Life
You want to get fit and stay fit for life.
You’ve put it off for weeks, months, maybe even years, but now you’re ready to get started.
This is a big moment for you and with the decision to get started comes the pressure to actually get results. After all, you aren’t about to workout and change your eating to not get results.
The pressure may come from yourself, your friends, your family, your co-workers or even just from society’s ever growing standards of health and fitness.
You know it’s important to be healthy and you want to look and feel better, so you decide to change everything – you hit the gym hard for a few days and try out the latest diet and you think to yourself “This time will be different. This time I’ll stick to it. Nothing will stop me!”
Wouldn’t you know it, you make some progress! So you keep working out, keep dieting and see even more progress! You’re thinking “Wow, this is great!”, but you know what happens next.
A few weeks (Or even a few days) later you fall off the wagon completely and wonder how you got to this point. You were doing so well, weren’t you? Sure, you were sticking to an insane exercise routine and a strict diet, but it was working. Well, what happened?
Maybe you missed one workout which turned into two which turned into a whole month off.
Maybe you were stressed one day, got home late, devoured an entire chocolate cake and the next day, because you had already cheated your diet, decided to eat whatever you wanted.
Maybe you went on vacation, didn’t exercise at all and ate whatever you wanted and as much as you wanted.
Maybe you got sick, struggled for a week and t completely threw off your entire routine making it impossible to pick it back up.
Maybe all of these things happened in the same month!
If any of this has happened to you or sounds familiar you should know this: There is another way.
If you want to stay fit for life you’ll need to approach things differently because 3 hours of exercise per day and a strict diet with no wiggle room is not maintainable. Sure, it may get you some results, but you’ll also be miserable and neglect many of the things that make life worth it. You know, things like family, friends and amazing bacon cheeseburgers 🙂
At this point you’re probably wondering what the hell you should do. Below you’ll find out.
4 Strategies to Help You Stay Fit for Life
- Measure what matters. If you want to stay fit for life you’ll have to measure key metrics of fitness consistently. This will keep you honest and let you know if what you are doing is working. Measuring your weight, body fat, strength and cardiovascular endurance are some great ways to get started, but it also is important to visit your doctor consistently to get other measures of you health, such as cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Get past the all-or-nothing mentality. You know how this goes – if don’t have a full hour to workout you do nothing or if you aren’t 100% clean with your diet you let yourself go completely. In the long term you’re going to have many difficult situations come up, but if instead of perfection you focus on making the most of each situation, you’ll be alright.
- Plan ahead. This goes for exercise and especially nutrition. If you take nothing else away from this post know that planning ahead will get results. Have an idea of what you’ll eat for the week, what you’ll do for workouts and what you should do if you travel, are sick, are bored with your exercise routine or are constantly feeling tired (I cover all of these in a course I created).
- Move more. Of course you’ll have workouts you do utilizing strength training and cardiovascular work to help you get fit, but to stay fit for life it’s also important to simply move more – take the stairs, take a break to walk around at work, play pick-up soccer or basketball, walk your dog, dance or find other ways to sneak in more exercise. You get the picture – Move more and you have a much better chance of staying fit for life.
Staying fit for life doesn’t have to be difficult. Take things one day at a time and enjoy the journey. After all, this isn’t simply a 4 or 8 week thing, this is the rest of your life we’re talking about.
Want to Learn More?
I created a course just for you called “Long Term Fat Loss for Busy People” and it encompasses everything I know about losing body fat and staying fit for life. With the course you’ll learn:
- Why you haven’t got lasting results before and how you can change that
- The most effective exercises to help you stay fit for life
- What good nutrition actually looks like and how to make healthy eating more convenient
- How to develop the right habits to allow you to succeed in the long term
- What to do for exercise and nutrition throughout an entire year with a 52 week exercise and nutrition guide
The course comes out in January and to take advantage of the early bird special, where you can save 50% off of the course, simply click here and I’ll send you the discount coupon when the course come out. There will be a limit to the amount of discount codes that are sent out, so if you are serious about getting long term results, the time to sign up is now.